Let me start by saying that “there is nothing new under the sun”. There is innovation and creativity. To say that you have a secret sauce and if you want it then you have to pay for it, sounds really stupid to me.
As a business owner more specifically as a web application designer, I always strive to create something unique and innovative, somehow I want to leave a mark on this world but there is no secret to what we do. We apply existing technology, concepts, strategies in creative ways. That’s it.
There is no secret sauce. I think it is an insult to our customers. Customers don’t come to us or to you because you have some sort of secret sauce, they come to you because they like you. People do business with people they like, that’s never going to change. Businesses should focus more on things that don’t change.
So you created a piece of software or a product and it just happens to become popular. That’s great! Now, don’t screw it up by saying that you’ve discover some sort of secret. That’s a cheap marketing strategy. Rather, be transparent about your process, and customers will trust you because of it.
At the end of the day, nobody cares about your secret sauce, everybody cares about the same basic things:
- Does your product solve my problem?
- Can I afford it?
- Is it fast and reliable?
- Are you going to take care of me when I have a problem?
These basic things don’t change for any business, focus on them and don’t worry about your stupid secrets, nobody cares about them anyways.
And FYI, if someone wants to screw you by taking your idea, they are going to do it regardless of you keeping it a secret or not.
It’s been a fun couple of months expounding on all the finer points of dashboard for the much anticipated launch of our support section. As of last night, the official dashboard support section is LIVE! Of course, with so many new features being created to simplify the lives of our loyal customers, I’ll have a lot more to write about with each new release. I hope our customers enjoy perusing the section as much as I loved creating it. Many thanks to Jason for his elegant and efficient styling. If it weren’t for him all of our lists would have cupcakes for bullets and our “back to top” graphics would be unicorn heads.
As always, your questions and feedback are welcome. Check out the new pages at http://www.getdashboard.com/support/index.php
Ok… I will concede to the fact that this update has taken us a while and rather than try to explain why, I’m going to jump right into what’s important to you.
On Thursday, December 17th, we are pushing a new update of dashboard.
As many of you already know, we have gone paid and we are extremely thankful to everybody that has been with us since the beginning and is still using our app for their day-to-day sales activities. Please know that we are working extremely hard to make dashboard the best sales lead management software there is. We understand how important your sales leads are and we want to help you make the most out of them.
New Updates :
- dashboard link gone missing - The first thing you will see when you login into dashboard is all your fabulous leads. The thought process comes from the fact that dashboard is a Sales Lead Management Application. We found that when our customers login, they would much rather see their leads than anything else.
- + Plus add lead button – Add new leads with the + plus on the left of the navigation bar. Our thought behind this was, make it more obvious.
Lead Listing Update
- Enhanced Filters – This is a big enhancement – Jason has been working on this for a while and it is starting to look really good. When you select a filter, a visual helper appears so that you can understand what you are filtering by. After you have selected a specific filter, you can remove them one by one or all of them.
- Enhanced Lead Actions – The action drop-down is now always visible. The actions button allows you to perform mass activities on different leads all at the same time. You can now Mass Delete, Mass Re-Assign and Mass Share Leads.
- Latest Actions - You can now hit the “Latest Action” button and dashboard will chronologically list the newest/oldest activities. Since we have taken the dashboard page away, we understand that you would like to have some sort of idea of what kind of actions users are taking on the system in a date/time order.
- Tags are back! – I know some of you will be extremely happy and pleased with this comeback. You can see a quick view of them from the screen shot above. See more about this update below.
- We’ve cleaned up the clutter – We’ve taken out some unnecessary columns of the main lead listing view. Why? Simply because filters enable you to visualize your leads in a much easier way.
Lead Page Updates
- To-Do Templates - For those of us that are a little lazy, the ability to apply a preexisting to-do template to any lead is now possible with a click of your mouse. To-Do templates are created in the settings area. There is also a small face lift to manually adding to-dos; friendlier and cleaner date selection.
- Tags are back and better than ever! – I know some of you will be extremely happy and pleased with this comeback. Tags are more customizable. You will be able to edit them from within a lead/deal or from the settings area, and the best part is…You will be able to choose the color for each tag that you created!
- New look for a leads info – A refresh for your eyes…no screen shot for this one, check it out for yourself.
We are going to push some updates that will make you love us even more!
- API Progress Update – Yes the wait will be over for our API…soon enough…
- Chrome for mac support
- Something Secret…
P.S. By the way, we will be exhibiting at the Las Vegas LeadsCon 2010 Leads Trade Show, February 23 and 24 to hook up with lead providers so we can start offering you your industry leads in real time.