- How do I add a new "thing to do" from the Quickies Panel?
- How do I add a new "thing to do" from the detail screen?
- Who can see my to-dos?
Using Quickies to Add a Note
Keeping notes relating to a specific lead should be as easy as jotting down some chicken scratch on a printed lead sheet. Luckily, with dashboard, notes are always legible and accessible with the click of a button.
1. To add a note, click on the "Add a note" button. Then, enter some text onto the cream colored square. Click "Add note" to save the text or click "cancel" to erase it.
Who can read my notes?
Whoever has access to a lead can see all notes, tags, to-dos and documents associated with that lead. If you are a sales rep then your manager and the admin of the account can view notes. If you are a manager then the admin can view notes. Any users who you or your manager and admin have shared the lead with can view all the notes associated with the lead.
How do I add a new "thing to do" using Quickies?
From the Quickie panel inside the lead and deal detail screens, clicking on the "Add a thing to-do" button will expand the to-do panel and display a few pertinent options to the user, namely Task, Due By and Type.
1. The task field is the headline for the task item. An example of a task headline is, "Reach Mr. Smith before Friday at his home". The due-by field is a drop-down and contains the fields, Today, Tomorrow, This Week, Next Week and Specific Date & Time. Selecting specific date & time will enable a calendar for the user to select date and time from. The type field is a drop-down and has the fields, Milestone, Phone Call, E-mail, Fax, To-do and Appointment. Selecting a to-do type helps keep important tasks more organized and reader-friendly. Clicking "Add to-do" will save the current task item and clicking cancel will abandon user changes.
2. Populate recurring to-dos by creating to-do templates. Click "Create Template" if no templates have been created or select the appropriate pre-existing template from the dropdown list. Learn more about to-do templates here.
How do I add a new "thing to do" from the detail screen?
Add to-do items using the "Add a thing to-do" button located inside the To-do header, below the lead or deal details.
1. To add a to-do from a detail screen, click the "Add a thing to-do" button, located on the right side of the "Things to-do" header. A screen will appear asking for a task description, a due by date, a type of task dropdown, and a save button. Enter the information you wish to save and click the "Add to-do" button. Click cancel to abandon changes.
Who can see my to-dos?
Whoever has access to a lead can see all to-dos, tags, notes and documents associated with that lead. If you are a sales rep then your manager and the admin of the account can view the to-dos. If you are a manager then the admin can view the to-dos. Any users who you or your manager and admin have shared the lead with can view all the to-dos associated with the lead.
How do I attach a document to a lead?
Forget about stapling documents to lead sheets or keeping bulky files for a potential client. dashboard allows users to upload as many documents as needed and attach them to a lead entry.
1. Enter the name of the document so it's easily referenced at a later time, select the source for the file and click "Add document" to store it in our secure database. If the wrong document is selected or a user decides not to archive a file, clicking the cancel button will reset the panel to its default state. dashboard currently supports gif, jpg, jpeg, png, doc, rtf, txt, docx, xls, csv, xlsx, ppt, pptx, pdf, psd, eps & ai files.
Why are tags so useful?
One of the best ways to make leads more search friendly is by adding little helpers called "tags". Much like the tags widely used in video and photo websites, lead tags help the filtering system find leads based on the similarities, or "tags" they have in common.
How do I add a tag from within Quickies?
Tags can be added to any lead or deal from the Quickies menu which is located to the right of any lead or deal detail screen.
1. From inside the Quickies tag tool, check all tags that you'd like added to the lead or deal you are viewing details for. Your newly applied tags will appear above the lead or deal header.
2. Clicking "Create New Tag" will direct you to the "Manage your account tags" screen and you will be able to create new tags and apply them to any lead.
How do I add a tag from within Settings?
To add and edit tags, click on the "Settings" link located on the top right section of the application, underneath the dashboard welcome message. Once on the settings page, click the "Edit" button inside the Tags panel.
To add one or more tags to a lead, simply type the words you'd like to use as tags and click the "Add tag" button. To delete a tag, check the box next to the tag to display it above the lead info screen. Tags will be highlighted in distinguishing colors with an "x" to the right of them. You can also select the colors you'd like the tag to display with. Click "x" to delete it's corresponding tag. Tags can also be organized from inside the tag manager. To add a tag inside the tag manager simply enter the words into the text field and click "Add tag". Clicking the pencil icon will enable editing and clicking the trash icon will delete the tag.
I made a mistake on a tag. Can I edit it?
Tags are easily edited via the click of the pencil icon located to the right of the tag in the tags list. The maximum characters permitted for a tag is 15.
How do I delete my tags?
Tags are easily deleted by either clicking the "x" next to the tag itself or by clicking the trash icon located to the right of the tag description in the tags listing inside the tag manager.